Sunday, February 9, 2020

Hoping for Spring

The groundhog told us a few days ago that we're in for an early spring.

I sure hope he's right! Here in Louisville, we haven't had a very bad winter. Only a few snows that barely covered the ground. This is my kind of winter! Deep inside of me, I'm a child of Africa. I grew up in a world that never gets cold and I would be happy still living in a world like that.

Of course, just a few days after that groundhog told us all spring was on its way, many places in the nation had a sudden blast of winter. In Louisville, the schools had a snow day--the first one of the year and probably the last, too.

But the days are getting longer. The sun is now setting after 6:00 and by the end of the month it will set after 6:30. I wake up in the mornings now and hear birds chirping outside my window. The trees are starting to bud just a little and my heart rejoices.

Sometimes winter seems forever and it seems spring will never come. But God is always faithful. His word promises in Genesis 8:22, "While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night shall not cease."

...ok, it doesn't exactly say spring will also always come again as long as the earth remains, but you can't get to the heat of summer without passing through spring.

Come on spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment