Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Confessions of a Prayer Warrior


Some of my favorite verses about prayer: 

“The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. He saw that there was no one. He was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so His own arm achieved salvation, and His own righteousness sustained Him.” Isaiah 59:15-16

“I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.” Ezekiel 22:30  

“The Lord restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends…” Job 42: 10

“Pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord; lift up your hands to Him for the life of your little ones.” Lamentations 2:19

“You who remind the Lord, take no rest for yourselves; and give Him no rest…” Isaiah 62:6b-7a

“Rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer.” Romans 12:12

“Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.” Colossians 4:2

“Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” Jeremiah 33:3

“Why are you sleeping? Get up and call on your God!” Jonah 1:6

“…but I am in prayer.” Psalms 109:4

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment