Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cheery Countenance


Kids Say the Darndest Things
Part 1

A friend of mine teaches 2nd grade at a Christian school. Not too long ago, she posted this on her Facebook page: "Today a student of mine drew a picture of God in heaven painting a picture. His explanation? "Our Father who does art in heaven, hallowed be your name!'"

Last year when I helped out with the preschoolers in Sunday School one of them tugged on my skirt and we had this conversation,

Child: “You know what I want to be when I grow up?”

Me: “What do you want to be when you grow up?”

Child: “A humpback whale.”

 Later when I told a friend about the child’s funny comment my friend responded with,  “That’s why humpback whales have been taken off the endangered species list – they have a great recruitment program!”

My 3 yr old grandson was taking a bath as I worked in another room. He likes to play with bath toys for as long as possible until his mother or I tell him he has to get out. This particular night, he had played for a very long time and I became concerned the water had grown cold. So I walked in the bathroom without saying anything to him and stuck my finger in the bath water to feel its temperature. Then, I said as much to myself as to him, “Oh, good. It’s still warm.” He looked up, smiled, and sincerely exclaimed, “And its still wet too!” 

 

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun stopping by here today! Thank you for a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete