Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The Quotable Susan


Quotes from my friend Susan and other equally “famous” people.


Quotes about God


“I believe in God as I believe the sun has risen –not only because I see it but because by it I see everything else.”

-C.S. Lewis


“It’s not that I walk faithfully with God; it’s that God walks faithfully with me.”

-Susan Siami, my friend


“I know God will not give me anything I can not handle; I just wish He didn’t trust me so much!”

-Mother Theresa


“He is the I AM in the was, in the is, and in the will be”

-Susan Small, the other Susan in my life


(the doctrines) “That God predestines yet that man is responsible …are two lines that are so nearly parallel that the human mind that pursues them the farthest will never discover that they converge, but they do converge and they will meet somewhere in eternity, close to the throne of God, whence all truth doth spring.”

-Charles Hadley Spurgeon


“The ultimate evidence for the absolute sovereignty of God is that He dared to give man responsibility and the free will upon which it depends.”

-Peter Gilliland, a friend who also has a blog. It is http://aboutthefamilybuisness.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment