Tuesday, May 1, 2018

How Does your Garden Grow?

I love to work in the garden! I have ever since I was a child in Nigeria and used to putter around in the garden with my Dad. He and Mom had a giant garden and I used to "help" them, often. I mostly remember puttering alongside Daddy. He even gave me a small section of land which he said could be my garden and I could plant anything. I had three siblings but I don't think any of the others took to it quite like I did. I loved digging in the dirt!

I still love it and have had a garden all nearly thirty-nine years of my married life.

This year, I am particularly excited about it because, with the help of my youngest son, I moved my garden from where it used to be to the other side of the yard which gets more sun. The house I live in already had a garden area when I moved here in 2003. But the neighbor's tree, just across the fence from it has grown and grown, blocking more and more of the sun over the years.

This year, I have a new raised garden and can't wait to see how it produces! So, today, I am sitting at my desk, sweaty, dirty, and oh so happy from a day of planting filled with high hopes for the growing season ahead. And all of this gardening makes me think of one of my favorite gardening-related Bible verses:

Sow with a view to righteousness, reap in accordance with kindness; break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord until He comes to rain righteousness on you. Hosea 10:12


No comments:

Post a Comment