Sunday, December 31, 2017

Through my Kitchen Window

It's the beginning of  a brand new year! I, like many of you, look toward it filled with hope for all things good to happen. I have read posts on Facebook and blogs from many people who were making comments about how 2017 was a challenging or difficult year, and how they were glad to see it go and hoping for a better 2018.

Well, that's not my story.

2017 was a good year for me. My family stayed in good health, safe from harm, and gainfully employed. My youngest completed his freshman year at Union University where he is happy as a clam. His joy was topped off by two events in the fall of 2017--he was initiated into the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity and his sweet girlfriend (a year younger) followed him to Union. My grandson was baptized in June, and my second son and his family welcomed my first granddaughter. They traveled to Hawaii to adopt her and brought her home to Memphis. She is so precious! (She was actually born/ adopted in the fall of 2016 and turned a year old this year. She is beautiful, happy, and thriving.)

And my writing stayed blessed. I continued to pen articles and devotions for a variety of magazines, and had two new books, The Whisper of the Palms and Glimpses of Prayer released. Also, a book my husband and I have worked on for several years made it to the committee of a large, Christian publishing company and we go onto 2018 filled with the hope that we will be offered a book contract from them. (More on that later, if it comes to fruition.)

So, no, I'm not hoping 2018 will be better then 2017, just different--full of other wonderful blessings! Here is my prayer for you in the coming year:

May the Lord bless you and keep  you.
May the Lord make His face to shine upon you,
and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
and give you peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment