Friday, June 6, 2014

Through my Kitchen Window

Summer 2009 – I was not a writer or at least I had never had anything published. In fact, I had never even submitted anything before. But I was a writer at heart. I had pieces written on notebooks and stuffed in drawers in my room and desk area but I did not know anything about the publishing world.
 
I saw a small article in my newspaper about the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference which was to be held in nearby Elizabethtown in just a few weeks. I wanted to attend but felt silly because…well…I was not a writer. Nonetheless, I went just to see what it was all about.
 
At that conference in June 2009, I took a seminar on freelancing small pieces from Lettie Kirkpatrick Burress. Inspired and hopeful when I came home, I decided to try my hand at writing.
 
Today I have well over 100 published pieces including articles, short stories, devotions, and even some home schooling curriculum as well as two and soon to be three e-books selling on line as far away as Europe. And now it’s summer again; time for the Kentucky Christian Writers Conference in E-Town. This year’s conference will be held June 20-21. The key note speaker is well known author, Liz Curtis Higgs and guess who is teaching the seminar on freelancing small pieces? Me! I will teach two seminars – “Freelancing 101” and “Developing Dynamic Devotions”, as well as serve on the editors panel. I would love to have you join me. Check it out at http://www.kychristianwriters.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment