Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Quotable Susan


On Family:

“Except the Lord build a house, they labor in vain who build it.”  Psalms 127:1

In high school one of Susan’s son’s did not call her to let her know that he was going to stay after school and lift weights. When she scolded him for not letting her know where he was, his defense was that the only phone available to him was in the coach’s office and as he put it, “all the guys and even the coach were in there.”  Susan’s response to her son was, “I have earth shattering news for you. ALL of those guys and even the coach HAVE A MOTHER!!”
-Susan Siami

“I finally came to grips with the fact that my life was not my mother’s fault.”
  -Gina McQuellan (friend)

“I told my daughter, ‘we love each other in this house; whether we like it or not!’”
-Alisa Smith (my sister)

“My true brothers are those who rejoice for me in their hearts when they find good in me, and grieve for me when they find sin. They are my true brothers, because whether they see good in me or evil, they love me still.”
-Augustine

“Life is not about avoiding the storms.  It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
 -unknown
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment