Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Quotable Susan

Quotes from my friend Susan and other equally famous people.


On Prayer:
 
 
“Prayer moves the arm that moves the universe…Prayer is the greatest privilege man can have.”
  -Edward Owings Guerrant as quoted in the book, “Soldiers of the cross” by Kent D .Dollar



“I breathe; I pray. It’s just part of what I do each day to exist.”
 -Susan Siami  (friend)



“We have taken a wartime walkie – talkie and tried to turn it into a civilian intercom to call the servants for another cushion in the den.”
  -John Piper from his book “Desiring God”



“I don’t talk to my son any more. I talk to God about my son. I used to talk to my son but I was getting nowhere. Now I talk to God about my son and I get better results.”
 -Susan Siami  (friend)

 

“I realize that my goal in life is to wake up one morning with everything going so well that I have nothing to pray about. But that is not God’s goal for my life."
  -Susan Siami (friend)
 


“When I lay my questions before God I get no answer. But a rather special sort of ‘no answer’ It is not the locked door. It is more like a silent, certainly not uncompassionate gaze, as though He shook His head not in refusal but waiving the question.  Like ‘Peace, child; you don’t understand."
  -C. S. Lewis from his book “A Grief Observed”



“Courage is just fear that has said its prayers.”
-Adrian Rogers

No comments:

Post a Comment