Monday, January 23, 2012

The Quotable Susan


On Suffering

“If we are going to share in the glory of Christ, we must also be willing to share in His sufferings too.”

-anonymous friend



“Suffering says something about the value of the person for whom you are willing to suffer.”

-Mark Janke (pastor of Franklin St Baptist Church, Louisville)



“At a time when the visible world would present few cheering sights, men are driven to supernatural hopes and consolations.”

-C. S. Lewis



‘When in the darkness, stand on the decisions made in the light.”

-Richard Scoggins (friend)



The following came from the testimony of a young Honduran man who had spent several days kidnapped and held for ransom. At one point he almost gave up, but by the end of the time, his spirit had been renewed and he had even led one of his captors to salvation. In telling his story, he said, “I did not ask ‘Why?’ I asked, ‘What for?’ I did not ask God why this had happened to me; I asked Him, ‘What was I here for? What was I to learn from this and what was I to contribute here?’”

-Dennis Meraz



“Getting over a painful past is a wonderful accomplishment, but producing fruit through a painful past is a miraculous event.”

-Carol Kent from her book “Laying My Isaac Down”



“Suffering and glory and faith tested by fire, these are the beauties which angels are said to marvel over. (1st Peter 1) and which have been improbably encased in the mess of human stories.”

Dr. Jennifer Myhre (World Harvest Missions missionary to Uganda)

No comments:

Post a Comment